These veggie sandwiches are prepared with a stuffing of fresh and seasonal vegetables which are mixed with hung curd and cottage cheese/paneer. So these are very hearty and healthy as they fulfil the daily need of both fresh veggies and dairy, which we all should be habitual to have. This is an easy recipe that even beginners can make easily in no time.
THESE CHEESY SANDWICHES DO NOT CONTAIN PROCESSED CHEESE
Hung curd and cottage cheese together give the feel of cream cheese, that’s why kids love them a lot. By adding paneer they eat the veggies happily. Not only kids but all age groups relish them as these are light on the stomach.
These sandwiches are very easy to prepare in fact, the batter can be prepared beforehand and if the curd is fresh, the batter stays fresh for 2 to 3 days. You can prepare both grilled or cold sandwiches with this batter
On to the recipe
Preparation time 20 minutes
cooking time – 5 minutes
Course – Breakfast
Servings – 4
1 slice of bread – 8 nos.
2. Hung curd – 1 cup (prepared out of 1 1/2 cup of thick curd
3. Grated paneer or cottage cheese – 1/2 cup
4. Thinly sliced cabbage – 1/4 cup
5. Grated carrots – 1/4 cup
6. Coriander leaves – 1 tablespoon
7. Salt – 1 teaspoon
8. Black peppercorns – 1 teaspoon
9. Butter at room temperature – 1 tablespoon
1. Mix well all the ingredients except butter.
2. Apply butter on all the bread slices.
3. Spread the mix over all the slices evenly.
4. Grill them on a tawa or electric grill.
5. Cold sandwich does not require grilling
6. Enjoy them in breakfast or as finger food or a snack in the evening