CREAM CHEESE VEGGIE SANDWICH/SANDWICH/HOMEMADE CREAM CHEESE SANDWICH
Another sandwich recipe that hooked me right away. I was quite enthusiastic to make this sandwich because I tried this one with homemade cream cheese. My family is crazy about cottage cheese and so I am to use this ingredient in different ways. From breakfast to main course the cottage cheese/ paneer is at the topmost in our menu to add twice or thrice a week in different dishes.
HOW TO MAKE HOMEMADE CREAM CHEESE
Making cream cheese at home with paneer is a very easy fuss-free recipe. Paneer or cottage cheese is blended with some milk which yields smooth and soft cream cheese. A little salt and crushed pepper lift the flavors. This cream cheese can be used in salad dressing, baking, toast /sandwich spread, pasta, etc.
I have added several fresh raw veggies and hung curd to complete a homemade cream cheese batter. This cream cheese batter is applied as a thick layer between the two bread slices. These sandwiches can be eaten raw as cold sandwiches or grilled until crisp and golden
Prep Time – 15 minutes
Cooking Time – nil
Course – Breakfast/high tea
Makes – 5 sandwiches
Author – Bharti Dhawan
• Homemade cream cheese – 1 bowl
• Hung curd – 1/4 bowl (See notes)
• Bread slices (any type) – 10 nos.
• Finely chopped cabbage – 2 big spoons
• Finely chopped onions – 2 big spoons
• Finely chopped capsicum – 2 big spoons
• Grated carrots – 1 big spoon
• Grated paneer – 1 tbsp
• Salt – to taste (remember our cream cheese is also a bit salty)
• Pepper powder – 1 tsp
• Mix Italian seasoning – 1 tsp
• Butter at room temperature – 4 tsp
HOW TO MAKE CREAM CHEESE AT HOME
1 – In a blender jar add soft paneer (chena/cottage cheese), little milk, salt, and pepper powder to taste
2 – Blend all the ingredients to make a smooth cream cheese batter. Transfer to a bowl and Refrigerate
HOW TO MAKE A CREAM CHEESE SANDWICH
1 – Cut the corners of bread slices and keep them aside
2 – Add all the ingredients except butter to a mixing bowl written above. Combine the ingredients nicely
3 – Apply a thick layer of cream cheese mix on 1 slice and 1 tsp of butter on the other slice
4 – Put together both slices to make the sandwich. Cut the sandwich into half and serve in your breakfast
5 – You can grill them in a sandwich toaster also if you like them.
* To get hung curd, hang the curd in a thin cloth or a sieve for an hour so that all the curd water is drained out.
* In this way you get thick and creamy curd. Whisk it well for the creamy and smooth texture
YOU MAY ALSO LIKE